Sunday, March 28, 2010

November 10

Dear friends and family,

Just so you don't get in a boring routine of reading long letters with the same sort of content, I thought I would switch things up a little. Besides the fact that I have very little email time and writing long emails always takes up way too much time and stresses me out as I watch the clock count down, I have way too many things to say this week--so I won't say any of them. :)

So today is my "top ten" list--ok, not exactly the top, but ten things I have learned from being at the MTC (I only have 3 weeks left and then...TAIWAN!!!). I won't expound, but the more perceptive of you might be able to discern what I really mean. :)

1. If you think "Master, the Tempest is Raging" is a hard song to sing in English, try singing it in Chinese.

2. Missionary work, if done right, produces miracles, even at the MTC.

3. The Spirit comes in direct proportion of how obedient we are and how sincerely we ask for guidance--and the Spirit is absolutely vital to missionary work!

4. 3-some companionships are very, very difficult. (But, for my Scripture Scouts friends, nothing's too hard for the Lord!)

5. Missionaries are called to bless the lives of others-everyone else, not just unbaptized Taiwannese people :)

6. Preach My Gospel is one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to missionary work. I lost mine for four days and felt like I had lost part of my heart.

7. Cafeteria food gets really old really quickly. Cereal, though, is my eternal refuge and I have discovered for myself that Life cereal is good at every meal, every day.

8. I hate public bathrooms, especially public shower stations.

9. The gift of tongues is very, very real.

10. While I knew this before, my testimony has only been strengthened that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church of Jesus Christ! What a marvelous gift and blessing we have all been given! And how blessed that the Lord gives us opportunites to share that gift with others!

And now, just because I have a few more, you get some bonus material:

*When you know half of the population of Provo, you know more than half of the people in the MTC. Almost every week I have known my "investigation" at the "Teaching Appointment." For my Arabic friends, I taught Jameson Fox last week. For my Jerusalem Friends, I taught Tadd a couple of weeks ago. And for my Chinese friends, I have taught you.

*The Lord has given me an incredible love for Taiwan and the Taiwanese people. Every time I see a Chinese person, I practically trip over myself running to talk to them!

*As for "church" experiences, such as meeting/hearing General Authorities, knowing church doctrine, and being familiar with church history, I am very, very blessed--I don't even flinch when we have had several General Authorities as well as Sister Dalton, Sister Dew, and Sister Matsumori (who spoke at RS yesterday--and I sang the musical number!) come during my MTC stay!

*Everyone that speaks Chinese is my instant friend. I have gained a lot of popularity "status" in these last few weeks! I mean, someone has to be cool who knows English, Hebrew, Arabic, and Chinese, right?

*Finally, I have leared and continually learn that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is central to everything we teach and everything that we ask our investigators to do.


So yeah, I guess that is my top 15 list. And it still took way longer than expected! I hope all is well with all of you, wherever you are in the world. Don't ever feel shy about dropping me a note or an email--only three more weeks before you have to send it to Taiwan!

Sister White

No comments:

Post a Comment